Thursday 10 June 2010

The journey of the singing woman






Here I am in rainy cold England ,the woods are lush and full of mystery. Flowers and fresh Garlic and the streams are flowing in an ecstatic spring pleasure and I have been drunk on their fecund gift.Yesterday we found an egg in the base roots of a mossy trunk such a sweet little reminder of new life.Thats whats inspired me to write a blog .Everyday so much to share and I love so many people but I am on the road so much life is passing by and I just want to share my crazy life much more than ever before.


Last night was my women's chant workshop in Glastonbury and I am always reminded in England how repressed and apologetic the women are about their sensuality.


A question arose about the spiritual world and sexuality and the shame of longing for love making ,desire...there is such confusion around the yogi celibacy path in lots of women. There is a sense of shame and guilt about her longing for love and lovemaking. On one level these elightened master Yogis have brought such extraordinary blessings to the earth and on the other hand made a mess for us women.


The Mother creatress didnt make a mistake designing our body this way and the very yoni design is a doorway to liberation, realisation,union and birth.I am so greatful to have this womanly body it is a priveledge to bleed (just finished), to experience this open ecstacy.


I got taught a good lesson the other night in my concert I was joking about becoming a reclusive celibate yogi finding a cosy cave in the himalayas somewhere to spend the rest of my life coz I had already experienced tantric union and Praful(my music partner) jumped in and said "coz she hasnt met anyone who can match her and she's giving up". A dear woman came later from the audience and said she was sad for me that surely there must be some man ....I had really just been silly I wasnt serious at all and assured her I had been matched and loved all the way home to the source. God I have to be careful with what I say even in jest.


My sister Lisa has taken such good care of me here and she has even stuck through our midday sessions of singing together I worked her voice hard and she cried lots as her weak lungs heaved under the pressure of being used deeply,she's driven well into the night between events to get me home ,I am so blessed to have sisters like this I pray she grows well and strong coz she has so much love inside her.


Hmm 2 am bedtime


6 comments:

  1. Dear Peruquois ,
    its beautiful to know that you have started a blog. Its nice to know whats happening with you.
    And don't run into himalayas , you will certainly meet your match sometime...

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dearest Peru, its so wonderful to read and listen to your journey, thank you for letting us share your amazing crazy :) life with you as you go along. I feel you so near all the time, wherever you are travelling or at home. So much joy and laughter to read your humourous descriptions... Your prescence in my life has made absolute change in my perception as woman and sister of the earth. Thank you forever for all your love, all you are sharing and living to awaken and encourage woman to rise in love and beauty.
    anna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Peru,
    It's a special gift from you to share your thoughts with us. In the background I like to listen to your beautiful music. Together with your words its makes life more beautiful and I'm blessed with you and with Monica as spiritual friends,
    Love Jozef

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Sister, It was my honour to have supported you whilst you were in the UK.. I have been nourished by your gift of voice and presence... I am inspired by the vision of awakening woman and in this I serve the beloved.. With love. Lisa.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI Peru, I hope the concert at Minehead went as ecstatically as it did in Stroud! I was thinking about you and Praful all evening producing your healing sounds to all the people over there. The womens' sacred voice workshop at Glastonbury was just amazing and I'm sure all of us women that were there felt the same, I didn't realise what was happening to me until afterwards, Thank you so much for your gift of showing us women how to love our bodies just as they are, I have been through most of my adult life in body-image crisis, whether it be the size of my breasts and my general weight through to shame about my own yoni, and now finally I meet my own female liberator in the form of a beautiful woman totally in love and at ease with herself, goddess bless you Peru, you are a beacon among women xxxxxxx Glenda, Avebury

    ReplyDelete
  6. hello sister. So glad you've started a blog, your words always resonate within me. And you are so right about partners ;-)... we're not easy women to stand beside!

    my love to your daughter and to you. Dawn

    ReplyDelete